Data protection privacy notice for customers
In providing upholstery services, this privacy notice describes the type of personal information we hold, why we hold it and what we do with it.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Personal details such as your name,address, telephone number and email address
- Notes of conversations with you.
- Dates of appointments
- Detailsof the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid and some payment details
Lee Bell is responsible for keeping secure the information about you that we hold.
Our data protection officer,Lee Bell, ensures that the business complies with data protection requirements to ensure that we collect, use, store and dispose of your information responsibly.
Those at the business who have access to your information include the reception staff responsible for the management and administration of the business.
How we use your information
To provide you with the services that you have requested, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
We will share your information with suppliers in connection with your requirements.
We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your orders. Our usual methods are telephone or email.
Your information is normally used only by those working at the business.
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary.
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with our business, including HMRC or other law enforcement or government agencies.
Keeping your information safe
We store your personal information securely on our business computer system and in a manual filing system. Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work at the business, only those working at the business have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow business procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of the business premises, the business filing systems and computers
- All information required to administer our accounts system, including bank account details, are stored on software which is encrypted and backed up. All paper accounting information is routinely destroyed after seven years.
- All other contact details and information will be retained either on a local hard disc or in paper form stored in locked filing cabinets. Electronic backups are taken to a local drive stored offsite.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to the business in writing or by email. We do not usually charge you for copies of your information; if we pass on a charge, we will explain the reasons.
You can also request us to
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the change
- Erase information we hold although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information needed for HMRC.
- Stop using your information – for example, information about our services
If you do not agree
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you should discuss the matter with Lee Bell..
If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss us, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).
Date: April 2018